March 20, 2007

The Bonk Counter

As Sickboy, and others, have recently pointed out:

"Strats, the bonk counter has been at "1" for a damn long time... have you developed the cure for the common bonk?"




I'm glad people have been asking, because while I haven't developed the cure for the common bonk, I have discovered a preventative measure - it turns out that if you don't ride your bike for a long period of time (or involve yourself in any sort of exerting activity) you will not bonk. However, I must forewarn you that there are many side effects to not participating in activities that can make you bonk - the worst of which include fat-ass syndrome, extreme bitchiness, and depression.

But no worries, I predict the bonk counter will start climbing within the next week...and it's not going to be pretty.

2 comments:

(dis)pencer said...

i didn't see any today!

pretty good riding for someone claiming to have done absolutely nothing for a month...

Strats said...

I almost bumped the bonk counter up to 1.5, but I figure if it's not a full bonk, it doesn't count. I definitely had the "leg bonk"...as you could probably tell everytime we hit the slightest incline!